Life in June



Wassup, my fellow earthlings! June is already over, and it's already time for a new month to begin! I'm still trying to figure out where this year went, but I guess it's really just another Waldo scenario. To me, June was a super fun and eventful month, despite the fact there were a few you know, Debby-downers. Yet, every month has their ups and downs and I guess you kind of just have to accept them, you know? I see this post taking an extremely deep turn, so let's just get on with what actually happened in June, shall we?

Books Read

Okay so, I may have thought my reading slump was over when it really wasn't, and only read two books this month... Please, don't hate me. I know, that's really not any better than last month and I apologize, but I think it would be best if I just let this slump take its course and don't force myself because that's how you get lost in the endless pit I like to call, The Reading Slump Dump. On the bright side, although I didn't read too many books without pictures (I guess you could call them that), I did however catch up on quite a few manga. I don't know what it is, but I never have a problem reading manga. Maybe it's because I like being taken back to my childhood, where I swore I would never read a book without pictures (we see how that went), but I don't know.

Books

    

Manga

       

        

Here are the books I read in June, and yes, I know I said I would finish "The Secret Life of Bees" in May, but stuff happens, Okay? 

Music Loved

I'm always finding new songs and artists to obsess over, so picking just a few of my favorites was extremely hard. Yet, I pushed through, I succeeded, and can now proudly present you with the winners:

Doja Cat's Beautiful

I find myself really getting into R&B and hip-hop nowadays, and Doja Cat is definitely one of my favorite artists at the moment. I mean something about her "Beautiful" just makes me feel beautiful (no pun intended, PSYCH! It was intended). But no really, you should definitely check her out. Her voice is so unique and calm/soothing with a little bit of edge from her lyrics, which I like. Not to mention, she also raps, so that's pretty cool. 

Kisum's No Jam

Surprisingly enough, I haven't talked about K-pop on here (which I can assure you will definitely change in the future). I am literally obsessed with it to the point it puts my health in to question, but I mean, it's worth it. And of course with my R&B enlightenment,  I had to give K-hiphop a look at (or listen to, technically). To be honest, I didn't even know K-hiphop was a thing until a few weeks ago, but I love it oh, so much. It's literally like Hiphop and K-pop had a baby, and if it was human, I would marry the F out of it. 

Yet enough about the genre, let's talk about an actual artiste. Kisum is a Korean rapper, whose music literally fills me with joy. Especially No Jam, which I put down below for you all to be blessed with. It is absolutely impossible for me to contain myself when listening to the song, and I just need to flail around like I do when dancing or it will be the death of me. 

Also, if you're not already a fan of K-pop, believe me, I WILL convert you. If you are already a fan of K-pop however, comment down below because I love finding my peoples.

SATICAmusic's Paris ft. Pat Rosal

I actually just found this song today thanks to PrincessMei on YouTube, so shoutout to her for leading me to this beautiful song! I honestly don't have much to say about it except that it's really nice and pretty, and I can't get over it.

Unfortunately I can't find it anywhere on YouTube that's not a cover, but it is on Soundcloud, so just go ahead and click the image below to listen. 

This is the cover, by the way. It's not just some random image I found on the inter web.

New Memories

Some amazing memories I made in June 2016 were:

  • Visiting the adorable city of New Haven on my college tour. It was so cute and the food was delicious, so it shall always be engrained in my brain for the rest of me life.
  • Camp Neidig, which was a leadership camp I went to for Interact Club (a.k.a Rotary for all those adults out there). If I'm being honest, I was really skeptical going in because you know, what even is leadership camp? However, I was pleasantly surprised to have had as much fun as I did and build the friendships that I did over a four-day period. I really do feel as though I did grow as a person, and have shed off a little bit of my shyness, so arigato, Camp Neidig.
  • Also on my college tour, I traveled on up to the infamous NYC! I won't say much about it because I will be going again twice in the next month, and I will be doing a conjoined post about my travels, so y'all are just going to have to wait. 
A picture of the awesome people I spent an amazing four days with.

Products Found

que bella Skin Care


Just on a whim, I bought three of que bella's products, which were the: Clarify Cucumber Peel-off Mask, Deep Cleansing Aloe Vera Cream Mask, and Facial Exfoliator Cherry & Apricot Exfoliating Cleanser (not photographed here). 

Normally, I prefer to stick to my beloved sheet masks because less mess and less energy required. However, these were being sold for one dollar each and the packaging was pretty, so obviously, I couldn't resist. Fortunately, I did not waste my money. Both of the masks left me feeling refreshed and the exfoliator made my skin baby soft, as well as free of any grime or dead skin (or so I assume). Though, I did notice I preferred the cream mask as to the peel-off just because it was easier and took less time for me to take it off. Again, I'm a sucker for anything that requires little energy. 

L.A. Girls Trio Eyeshadow - Blue Lagoon

Unfortunately, I do not have an aesthetically pleasing photo of this because I actually lost this right before I took the photos, but it's all good! I know it is definitely somewhere in my room, or at least my house, so there is still hope! 

Anyways, the reason I am really loving this product is because it is super pigmented, which is often a worry of mine, so I was extremely pleased when I found this. I'm excited to experiment with this eyeshadow since it adds that pop of color whenever needed, and is a little bolder than my other shadows, which is a nice, refreshing change.

L.A.B Just Blending in Brush


I love this brush, like I LOVE this brush. I was surprised by how easily I was attached to it, but it's so incredibly soft that there's no way I couldn't have. Plus, it blends my eyeshadow off into the sunset, no, actually it probably blended the sunset too. The only thing I didn't like about the brush is how I couldn't figure out how to do that exponential 2 thingy in the title. 

OFRA Cosmetic Laboratories' Eyeshadow


Like the L.A. Girls' eyeshadow, OFRA's is pretty pigmented, which I absolutely adore. Almost every dark-skinned women understands the struggle of finding an eyeshadow that actually shows up on their skin. This is also the perfect shadow for a natural look with a nice shimmer. 

Where Am I At?

At Camp Neidig, we would always do this thing where we would ask each other where we were at mentally and emotionally, so I thought that I'd incorporate that in my monthly blogs. 

As of now, there's so many things going on in my life and so many opportunities, as well as a new wave of responsibilities that I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. However, I'm feeling more excited than overwhelmed to see what life is bringing next. As I stated in my last post, I'm learning to embrace change, rather than shy away from it because I know that, that way, it won't be as nearly stressful. 

Plus, I don't know what's in the air, but I've been feeling quite inspired lately. So, whatever stress I encounter next month will be batted away as I do what I love most! Whether it be writing, exploring the beauty world, or just blogging.

Where I'm at isn't just for me to get out my feelings. I want to know how you all are doing, and encourage you guys to make sure you, yourself are okay by doing these little checks. 

So, where are you at?

The best of wishes, Z

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top