A Memorable Memorial Day Bookhaul


Hey guys! How has your Saturday morning been so far? Or day? Or night? Depending on where you are in the world. I just hope you're having a wonderful life, no matter what time of day it is.

As many of you know, last weekend was Memorial Day weekend. It was also the weekend my family and I decided to go and celebrate my step-brother's birthday, as many of you don't know since this is the first time I'm mentioning it. We all had a blast go-carting, well at least I did, I don't know about the rest of them. They're all probably still salty about me being a future NASCAR driver. but what can you do?


Let's be honest though, the best part of this belated birthday celebration wasn't the actual celebration, but me being lucky enough to find yet, another store that will support my book addiction. This is very fortunate for me, but extremely unfortunate for my bank account.

This particular store, Ollie's Bargain Outlet, is actually probably the most dangerous of all the stores, considering I bought three books for six dollars. SIX DOLLARS. Mind you, all of these books are hardback, easily between 300 to 500 pages long, and were only TWO dollars each. My heart calls it cheap, but my brain knows it goes from 0 to 100 real quick.

I was good though, I only bought three books. It was hard, but I got away with just three by the skin of my teeth, and they were... *drumrolls*


I've actually already read this book and have been waiting to add it to Zoe's lovely Zebra Library for quite a while. Thus, buying this 489 page book for only two dollars was a no-brainer. Hopefully I'll be able to buy the rest of the books soon, so the family can be reunited once again!


After reading the Vampire Academy series, I was aching to start Richelle Mead's spin-off series, Bloodlines. However, I just never picked it up until I found it at Ollies, so hopefully I can get around to it soon.


I remember seeing this book a while back and taking an interest to it, but then I sort of forgot about it for the next 3 years haha. Yet, I don't know how because the cover is just so absolutely beautiful, I must have been missing my glasses at the time. Actually, I think my friend bad mouthed it, and I was like, "oh.. then nahhh," but I'm sorry, Ash. The book now has a home in the Zebra Library and shall be read. Maybe.

Once again, I am very proud of myself for just sticking to these three books, I saw lots of pretty covers and intriguing synopsis, so these novels should feel honored. 

The best of wishes, Z 






CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top